MSN Bridge Program Online
Additional Program Offerings
The online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) bridge program at Aurora University prepares registered nurses who have a baccalaureate degree outside of nursing to begin a MSN degree path.
The MSN bridge program can be completed in as few as 12 credit hours and includes courses in professional practice, health assessment and community outlook. Once students complete the bridge program with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, they are eligible for admission to the MSN program, which consists of 28 semester hours and allows for specialization in either administration or nursing education.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college and/or university (minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Current registered nursing (RN) license issued by the state of Illinois or Wisconsin
- Completed clinical practice in the last two years
- To be eligible for the Master of Science in Nursing program, students must complete the MSN bridge program with a 3.0 GPA or higher
A checklist of the items needed for admission is below:
- 2 letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Transcripts showing graduation from an ADN program and transcript from bachelor’s degree
- Current RN Licence IL or WI
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the demand for registered nurses will increase by 26 percent in the next decade. The MSN bridge program prepares students to be at the forefront of this growing field and equips them with the skills needed to pursue high-level managerial positions in health care or careers as nurse practitioners.
Applicants can provide proof of college-level courses in the following areas. Alternatively, courses can be taken simultaneously with required bridge courses.
- Upper-level research
Required Bridge Courses
NUR3030 Dimensions of Professional Practice – 4 hours
NUR3280 Health Assessment, Education and Promotion – 4 hours
OR Achievement of course requirements through Credit for Departmental Challenge Examination
NUR4850 Nursing: A Community Outlook – 4 hours
Successful completion of the bridge courses with a 3.0 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale is required to progress to the MSN program courses.
Course details are based on information available at the time of publication. Specific program requirements are subject to change.